PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE
Due to Covid-19 if you are experiencing any symptoms, no matter how slight, please call so we can reschedule your appointment. We recommend waiting a month after your vaccination for optimal saftey.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FOR THE BEST RESULTS
You should wait at least 2-4 weeks after you have the covid vaccine.
1.NO ALCOHOL OR PAIN MANAGEMENT 2 DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE
- Alcohol is a blood thinner causing bruising, bleeding and pigment migration and/ or lack of retention.
- Do not take pain medications that are blood thinners such as: ADVIL, ALIEVE, Neproxin, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Midol etc. These will cause bleeding resulting in bruising and poor colour retention. TYLENOL is OK.
- No medication should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician. You can resume your routine right after the procedure, so bring your meds with you.
2. NO CAFFEINE OR WORKING OUT THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
- Caffeine will increase anxiety.
- We want your procedure to be very comfortable. These are stimulants that reduce the effectiveness of the anesthetic.
- Do not rush to get to your appointment, this will give a surge of adrenaline causing poor freezing and discomfort during your procedure.
3. COME WITH A FULL STOMACH OF FOOD
- When your metabolism is running slow you will stay frozen longer and be comfortable throughout your service.
4. NO OIL SUPPLEMENTS FOR 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE
- Oil supplements soften the skin and are a blood thinner causing bleeding, bruising and pigment migration. We want the skin as firm and strong as possible.
- OIL SUPPLEMENT EXAMPLES: (Q10, FLAX, FISH, PRIMROSE, KRILL, OMEGA, COD LIVER, ETC ) or Vitamin E or D OR CLEANSE WITH BABY OIL, or use ANY OIL PRODUCTS ON YOUR SKIN (check the ingredient list)
5. MEDICAL, SALON AND COSMETIC PROCEDURES
- Vaccine: You should wait at least 2-4 weeks after you have the covid vaccine.
- Do not get any facial treatments prior to your appointment for one month this includes: FACIALS, DEM-ABRASION, BOTOX, LASER, FILLERS, CHEMICAL PEELS, IPL, CoolSculpting or any COSMETIC SURGERIES ETC for 6 weeks prior to or after your appointment with us.
- This may result in unnecessary complications for both procedures. REFRAIN for ALL SALON and SPA services including massage until the work is completely healed (MIN 3 WEEKS AFTER).
- You should be fully healed from any previous medical procedures before considering cosmetic tattooing of any kind.
- Your body will be vulnerable to infection that would complicate any medical procedure and we WILL NOT TAKE THE RISK!
- Having cosmetic tattooing done in your recovery down time is not a wise choice.
- Please be safe not sorry as your health is worth more than vanity.
6. YOU KNOW YOUR LOOK BETTER THAN ANYONE
- We want you to be fully involved in the creation process. We’re here to enhance your look, not change it. It’s like having a celebrity make over than lasts for years to come.
- We pride ourselves on listening to our clients and giving you what you truly desire, but if we feel it may not age well, we will let you know as we want you to love your BEAUTYINK® for years to come.
7. COME PREPARED
- With sunglasses and hat. You’ll want to protect your new work.
8. PARKING (PLENTY OF STREET PARKING)
- Meter Parking: Only plug 1 hour in (take the meter number) so we can add more time when it expires. If you plug for the full 2 hours we can not add more time after.
- PAY BY PHONE APP: Plug 1 hour in and set a timer on your phone.
- Please see URL for easy access: https://www.paybyphone.com/
PROCEDURE GUIDELINES – for best results
- Please come with your eyeliner drawn on so we have a reference.
- To help reduce swelling feel free to take Benadryl an hour before your procedure. It will suppress the Histamines that cause swelling and make for a more comfortable recovery.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or after any eyeliner procedure and you will be required to wear your glasses through the healing process for up to 2 weeks.
- If you are on RESTASIS you must be off them for a minimum of 6 weeks, before and two weeks after the eye procedure. It will affect your procedure and healing plus may cause complications due to vascular structure of the eyelid. Please clear with your physician.
- Do not wear Lash Extensions to your eyeliner appointments, they must be removed prior to your visit a week before. You can reapply them 6 weeks after your healing has commenced.
- As a safety precaution following the eyeliner procedure, we recommend that you have someone available to accompany you or drive you home. It’s not mandatory as you will have clear vision, we just like to take every precaution possible for your safety.
- Any eyelash tinting or eyelash curling should be done at least 7 days before, or 4 weeks after the procedure.
- Come with your brows drawn on so we have reference.
- RETINAL, AHA, VITAMIN C SERUM, BROW GROWTH SERUMS will cause extra tenderness, bruising and bleeding during your procedure as these products enhance your blood flow to the brow area and skin sensitivity.
- We recommend letting your brow hair grow in as much as possible, so we have more to work with in creating your new look.
- We do not shave your brow hair off.
- Tweezing, waxing or tinting should be done at least one week prior to the procedure; electrolysis no less than 14 days before.
- Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least 2 weeks after your work has healed.
- Your work must be healed before you resume normal activity.
- Avoid any sun exposure for 1 month prior to your procedure.
- No extreme sun exposure to the scalp.
- Exfoliate daily 1 week prior to treatment.
- Stop all topicals such as Rogaine, Minoxidil 6 weeks prior to your procedure as they are vascular dilators and will cause pain, migration and bleeding. Oral medications are ok!
- No topical oils on the scalp 4-6 weeks prior.
- For hydration we recommend Aveeno, CeraVe, and Dermalogica.
- me with your hair washed, but NOT conditioned the day of
- Consultation is required to confirm area is of optimal heal
- Bring a loose fitting shirt
- And photos of your previous breast if you have them
- Consultation is required to confirm area is of optimal heal
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FOR THE BEST RESULTS
1.NO SWEAT, NO SUN, NO STEAM, AND NO WATER ON YOUR BEAUTY INK FOR 14 DAYS!
- Please bring sunglasses, and a hat to protect your new work.
- It is normal for your new work to change size, length, and colour. Don’t worry, it will continue to change until it’s fully healed, this is why we require a 6 week follow up to assess the work.
- While permanent cosmetic procedures are not overly stressful to the body, there may be some swelling or redness around the area.
- We recommend taking it easy for the rest of the day after your procedure is complete.
- We recommend not to travel for a minimum of 14 days after your procedure.
2.AVOID ALL SWIMMING, WATER AND SHOWERING
- Bathing is highly recommended as moisture in shower steam will damage the work.
- If showering, ensure it is quick and cool, without getting the Beauty Ink wet. Water will soften the tissues causing the pigment to fall out and scar when healed.
- No swimming, hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms until the area is completely healed. Saltwater and chlorine will cause the pigments to fade or discolour..
3.NO MAKE UP
Do not apply make up until the crust layer has completely flaked off ( 10-14 days) and the procedure area has fully healed.
- After the eyeliner procedure is healed, use only new mascara to inhibit irritation.
- Do not reapply serums until the work is completed after the follow up.
- Wait until the work is fully healed before resuming Lash extensions, Hair Services, Massages, Facials, etc.
- Avoid sweating after the procedure for at least 14 days. Sweat is salt water and will fade the pigments prematurely, and push it out of the skin (we use salt in the removal process).
5.NO SUN OR TANNING
- If you expose the new work to the sun it will permanently darken with hyperpigmentation.
- Ensure to wear a hat and sunglasses outdoors for 14 days minimum or until the area is fully healed.
6.DO NOT RUB, PICK OR SCRATCH
- Let any crust naturally fall off (usually day 7-14 days). The longer the crust is on, the better the colour retention. Picking will cause irreversible scarring.
- Everyone’s healing response varies: Seniors or those with compromised systems on medication, generally heal slower and may take up to 3 weeks to be fully healed.
- When the area gets itchy ( day 4 onward) tap with the back of your hand or clean finger.
- Sleeping slightly elevated helps to alleviate swelling.
- We recommend sleeping face up to prevent any creasing, cracking or colour loss.
- We recommend you book a follow up for 6 weeks from your initial appointment so we can assess the healed work. It takes 6 weeks for the skin to fully regenerate.
- A touch up is generally required 8 weeks later to darken or fill void, as not all work heals 100% in the first session.
9. BACK TO NORMAL
- Once you work is fully healed (generally 2 weeks) and all the crusting has fallen off, you can go back to life normally, exercising, showering etc. Just refrain from using any topical oils or removers on the area and taking oil supplements until your sessions are fully complete.
EYEBROW & EYELINER
Your work will appear bolder immediately after the procedure
- Your work will soften by 20% once the crust naturally flakes off.
- Follow you aftercare schedule set out by Shauna for your skin type.
- Week 1: the work will look more dramatic as the colour oxidizes in the skin with a light crust. It will shrink and shift and you may see the colour intensify. This is all normal. Once it flakes, it will fade by 20%.
- Week 2: The work will start to crack, chip and flake away. This is completly normal. DON’T PANIC.
- Week 3: The area will appear much lighter or missing. DON’T PANIC…. once the oils come back to the surface the colour will start to show.
- Week 4: The colour will bloom and be more visible as it is still adjusting in the skin.
- Week 5: The colour will become more intence.
- Week 6: We see you back for a follow up to asses the result.
- SPF is required at all times to maintain optimal colour after the healing is complete.
- Do not use any acne products, anti aging or facial products including retinol, benzoyl peroxide, hydroxy acid, glycolic acid etc. These products will cause premature lightning or colour change.
- Do not wax, thread, bleach or tint for 2 weeks after. These chemicals will cause a serious recation.
- Do not use any over the counter antibiotic ointments (IE: Polysporin, neosporin, or bactroban) this will cause the area to become inflamed. We are putting pigment in the skin, not trying to get infection out.
- Do not use eyelash curlers for 4 weeks and make sure you clean it with 70% alcohol or antibacterial soap for 30 seconds before use.
- Do not use any growth serums until your work is complete and fully healed.
SMP SCALP MICRO-PIGMENTATION HEALING
- NO TOUCHING! Hands carry bacteria and can lead to infection.
- Keep the scalp dry and clean for a minimum 3 days, no water, sweat, steam or sun.
- Do not scrub your scalp for 2 weeks. When washing, be very gentle on the skin.
- Apply aftercare given on day 3 with clean washed hands and up to 2 weeks thereafter..
- Do not rub or scratch the scalp. When the scalp gets itchy, pat only.
- No hair products or brushing in the area worked for 14 days.
- Avoid activities that cuase heat and sweat as it will cause the pigment to migrate.
- Do not wear a hat for 7 days. Wash or sanitize all hats before using spray with 70% alcohol.
- No topicals for 1 month after until the work is completed. IE: Rogaine, Minoxidil, Topick & sprays
3D AREOLA, PARAMEDICAL TATTOOING HEALING
- Do not remove barrier film prior to the recommended time.
- You may shower normally as the barrier film will protect the treated area.
- Minimum SPF 30 sun protection is required on all healed treatment areas thereafter.
LONG TERM CARE
- Sunglasses and a hat are recommended.
- Use a good sunscreen daily, minimum 30 SPF. Sun exposure will fade your cosmetic tattooing..
- If you are planning on getting an MRI, or other medical procedure, please inform your physician of your cosmetic tattoo. We use only MRI safe pigments.
- If you have chemical or laser resurfacing treatments, please let your technician know you have cosmetic tattooing, as these treatments will discolour your work.
- Before you donate blood, it’s Red Cross policy that you must wait at least one year after any tattooing procedure to give blood.
BEAUTYINK® Cosmetic Tattooing
may require multiple applications, and therefore more than one visit is realistic.
- A follow up is scheduled 6 weeks after your initial appointment so Shauna can assess your results.
- If a touch up is required it is booked at this time. All touch ups are an additional $200 (set up fee) within the first year of your original service.
- For general maintenance, Shauna recommends colour refreshing every 1-3 years @ $400.